John 4:32, “But he saith unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.”
Food is essential for life. Without it we couldn’t grow. We get strength and vitality from food. Yet food can kill us. Improper diets kill more people than any disease.
Our soul needs nourishment too. The things we think on and the desires that we have are food to our souls. Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Mat. 4:4).
Jesus valued spiritual nourishment more than He valued physical nourishment. He was thrilled to see this woman and the people of this town respond to His gift of salvation. Likewise, we should set our desires on the things of God so that spiritual matters are more important to us than our physical food.
The wrong diet for our souls is the leading cause of failure and depression in Christians. Being spiritually minded produces life and peace. Being carnally minded produces death (Rom. 8:6).
In our health conscious society, many of us wouldn’t dream of abusing our bodies with bad diets. Yet in our spiritual life, we are killing ourselves by feeding on the wrong things. Treat yourself to a healthy spiritual meal today.
- Knowing Christ (agoldentreasury.com)
- From the Overseer’s Desk: (gbmbc.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Nourishment (bibleopia.wordpress.com)
- “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- What is the Taste of Victory Like, for A Christian? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- “Can one feed these with bread here in the desert?” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- God Has Given Us Everything We Need (codybateman.org)