Every Other Miracle Prepares for the Grand Miracle
Written by Sheila Schuller Coleman
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory
as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” -John 1:14/ESV
I absolutely love this quote from C. S. Lewis in his book, Miracles, and I feel
it is important to delve deeper into it. As you may recall, C.S. Lewis reminds us
that all of us have already received the one miracle we all need. Without it – we
are lost forever. He calls it the Grand Miracle – the incarnation – when God became
man – and that Man, Jesus, died in our place and is risen.
C. S. Lewis had this to say about the Grand Miracle: “Every other miracle prepares
for this, or exhibits this, or results from this.” Every other miracle prepares
for the Grand Miracle! All the Old Testament miracles are building blocks leading
up to the pinnacle – the Grand Miracle – Jesus, who came from the Hebrew nation
to be the Messiah, the Christ, the Promised Redeemer foretold in Isaiah.
God wanted to reveal Himself to man by becoming man. So He prepared for the Grand
Miracle through many miracles we learn about in the Old Testament. For example:
* Sarah bore Isaac at the age of 99 – and the Hebrew Nation, and eventually Jesus
Christ, was born of this miracle!
* God delivered His children from Egypt – through many, many miracles! The Israelites
had been oppressed in slavery for 430 years. They had forgotten God. God needed
to deliver them and demonstrate His presence, His power, His providence (through
manna, etc.) in the wilderness to prepare them for the Grand Miracle – the coming
of His Son Jesus.
The miracles of the Old Testament prepare for the Grand Miracle as described in
the New Testament – the birth, the crucifixion, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ
- eternal life – for you and me. What other miracle do we need? And, if God would
not withhold this miracle, would He withhold any other miracle we need?
Father God, I am amazed that You would come to earth, clothed in human form to be
the Grand Miracle – that we would know You, and see You, and be saved by Your grand
act of love and compassion. Thank You! Amen.
What other miracles can you think of that prepared us for the Grand Miracle – the
coming of Jesus the Christ?
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is alive today (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do You Believe in Christ Jesus? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Yes! Yes… I am (nnyphishnet.net)
- learning, waiting, growing (chocolateseoul.wordpress.com)
- Help me, Jebus! (simplexion.net)
- What Good are the Miracles of Jesus? (brokenbelievers.com)
- Foundation in Christ Jesus… (ptl2010.com)
- Do You Believe in Miracles? (webmasteryates.wordpress.com)