- May 2013 (68)
- April 2013 (154)
- March 2013 (132)
- February 2013 (144)
- January 2013 (106)
- December 2012 (182)
- November 2012 (173)
- October 2012 (251)
- September 2012 (91)
- August 2012 (83)
- July 2012 (74)
- June 2012 (29)
- May 2012 (79)
- April 2012 (92)
- March 2012 (226)
- February 2012 (91)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (55)
- November 2011 (41)
- October 2011 (45)
- September 2011 (30)
- August 2011 (9)
- July 2011 (46)
- June 2011 (19)
- May 2011 (10)
- April 2011 (9)
TagsAaron Abraham Amen Authorized King James Version BIBLE BLESSINGS Christ Christian Christianity Christ Jesus David Egypt Father God GOD God the Father Gospel of Matthew HolySpirit HOLY SPIRIT Israel israelite Jacob Jerusalem Jesu Jesus Jesus Christ JESUS CHRIST Jesus Christ Name Jew Lord May GOD Moses Mountain of Fire and Miracles Names and titles of Jesus in the New Testament Nigeria O LORD Prayer Psalm Redeemed Christian Church of God Religion and Spirituality Satan Son of man Uncategorized United States WIKIPEDIA Zion
Ten tips on how to run your blog like a business
Here are some tips on how to run your blogging like a business.
Professional bloggers need to decide their niche, whether it be a blog about blogging, dog training or finding the perfect mate. Each one of the posts need to be focused on some aspect of the whole. Choose the niche with which you have the most experience and passion. If you choose a bland topic, you will lose interest.
To save time, the businessperson will outsource some aspects of the operation. You do not need to work alone. You might have strength in writing, but know nothing of web design. Judge the importance of the time it will take you to learn how to design your own web page. If you would rather be spending that time writing, outsource the design. The same principle applies to accounting and administration.
- Know what sells:
Business owners will do their research before they go into business. They have an idea about what will sell. As a blogger, what things do you want to read? If you are planning on offering products, create products that excite you. If you are planning to sell information products, look at the sales statistics of the item.
Every business, regardless of size, has a brand. With every post you make and each addition to the site, you are building upon that brand. Have a clear idea about your blog’s purpose. Develop logos and an atmosphere. Do you wish to be informal with your viewers? Are you especially snarky? Wrap everything around your brand.
- Create contingency plans:
Make sure that you always have a plan B. Have an exit strategy for your business. If your business model doesn’t work, what actions will you take? Will you create another business model? Will you change your niche? Establish your parameters and contingency plans before starting your blogging business.
How do you plan to market your blog? Create a marketing plan which caters to your interests. If you already have a presence on the popular social networking platforms, how do you plan to capitalize on that exposure? Are you planning to use AdWords? Marketing determines the success of a business. Who is your target demographic? Have you maximized the potential of attraction marketing?
- Review the numbers:
Be objective about your blog’s numbers. Look at the number of regular subscribers that you have. Take a look at the sales that you have made. Evaluate everything about your blog on a regular basis. Look at it through the lens of a customer. Based on those numbers, do you consider your blog to be a success?
- Customer service:
Respond to the comments that are received. As a blogger, this is your form of customer service. Use every interaction that you have as an opportunity to educate your customers and drive viewers to your site. Provide information which will attract advertisers to your site.
- Solicit feedback:
Ask your readers what they would like to see in your blog. Businesses have customer comment forms which ask how their business is performing. You need to find out what you should offer your viewers. Ask your readers to be critical of your content so you can learn how to improve.
- Focus on content:
Passionate business owners do not strive to give you the most mediocre product for the worst price. They want to give you the best products for the best prices. You need to do the same. You should post frequently to your blog, but create posts that have substance and meaning to you and your viewers. Do not give recycled content, put your heart into it.
Blogging for profit requires time, effort, and an eye toward business. When you decide to become a professional blogger, make the decision to run your blog like a business. Invest in your blogging as you would a business.
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Niche blogging (marketeer1.wordpress.com)
- Using Your Own Blog to Promote Your Services (foodstaycation.com)
- The Importance of Niche Blogging (contently.com)
- This Week’s Burning Blogging Questions (theworkathomewife.com)
- How to Make Dollars Blogging (foodstaycation.com)
- Successful Blogging with Annabel Candy: An eBook Every Blogger Should Have (ramblingsofawahm.com)
- How can blogging improve a business website’s SEO? (marketing.yell.com)
- 5 Action Steps to Make You a Better Blogger (bloggingtips.com)
- How Bloggers Can Make Money Offering a Service (johnchow.com)
- 10 Sure-Fire Steps To Build A Profitable Micro-Blog (kendoris.wordpress.com)
- 12 Blogging Tips for Small Businesses and Professional Services (writeandgetpaid.wordpress.com)
- How to Promote Your Own Services on Your Blog (foodstaycation.com)
- What is a Business Model Anyway? (zentrepreneurship.wordpress.com)
- Finding and Using Niche Blogs (seomoz.org)
- Tips to Become a Better Blogger (bloggingtips.com)
- 10 Sure-Fire Steps To Build A Profitable Micro-Blog (johnchow.com)
- 5 Useful Tips for Building Your Blog Into a Business (bloggingtips.com)
- Marketing know how: Blogging – why it matters to your company and how to do it (premierlinedirect.co.uk)