The Heartbeat of Jesus
Father, I want those you have given me to . . . see . . . the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
John 17:24, NIV
Before the foundation of the world was laid, God, in His divine sovereignty, planned to send His own Son to the cross to be our Saviour. Before the beginning of time and space and human history, He took counsel with Himself and decided to bring us into existence, knowing full well that we would rebel against Him and become separated from Him by our sin. So He made preparations for our redemption-preparations that were finished once and for all time at the cross.
The heartbeat of Jesus was to finish His Father’s plan and, in so doing, bring glory to God. In other words, through His own death on the cross, Jesus would reveal the love of God in such a way that people throughout the ages would praise Him and love Him and lay down their lives before Him. So He embraced the cross and all that it meant.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Amazing grace even on your worst day (propheticseasons.wordpress.com)
- The Cross Offers a Glimpse into the Heart of God (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ still does healing miracles (propheticseasons.wordpress.com)
- DAY 4 of Passion Week – The Trap (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Less than one week away! (tomroyreleased.wordpress.com)
- Faith is… Receiving the Righteousness of God | “Faith is…” Series, Pt. 13 (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- Easter Reflections: Passover, the Last Supper and Gethsemane (graceformymess.com)
- Do we want Jesus around or not? (daringlutheran.net)