God Is Holy (Holiness requires separation from sin)
In Old Testament times the Israelites worshipped God in a tabernacle, which pictured God’s holiness and His separation from sinful mankind. Any priest who entered God’s tabernacle first had to sacrifice an animal on the Brazen Altar to atone for sin. Next was the Laver in which the priest washed his hands and feet before he appeared before the Lord—once again a symbol of our need for cleansing from sin.
The tabernacle had three sections: the large area of service, the Holy Place, and the Holy of Holies.
The Holy of Holies was the place where God’s presence resided. It was hidden from view by a curtain so heavy that it took four men to move it. Only the High Priest was allowed to enter this place—and only once a year—to offer sacrifices for his own sins and the sins of the people. If anyone else tried, God would strike him dead.
Why was the place of God’s presence in the tabernacle hidden from view? Because God is so holy that no one can look upon His glory and live. No one can approach our holy God without a sacrifice of blood to atone for sin.
This was the reason for Jesus, the Lamb of God, and His sacrifice on the cross. The only thing that can satisfy the judgment of sin demanded by God’s holiness is the shedding of pure, innocent blood. And only Jesus’ blood met this high standard.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Thank God that He has made you holy by the blood of Jesus. Resolve to follow Him today, allowing Him to make you holy.
What More Does God Say?
Hebrews 10:10; John 17:19
Because God is holy, I will devote myself to Him in purity, worship and service.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jesus our High Priest…Now! (ptl2010.com)
- Don’t repeat this… (andrewejenkins.wordpress.com)
- Am I In Jesus? (Re-post) (gospelapprentice.com)
- The Only Hope of the World! (deverenvenson.wordpress.com)
- The beauty behind Leviticus’ clean and unclean (nelima.wordpress.com)
- Tearing Down Walls (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- After the Resurrection (str.typepad.com)
- It’s Holy Week! Part 1 (bodytheologyblog.wordpress.com)
- God is Holy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Holy (faithfulnibbles.wordpress.com)
- Holiness (crossquotes.org)
- Holy, Holy, Holy (str.typepad.com)
- Honor And Holiness (pureglory.net)
- Answers for Agur (tachord.wordpress.com)
- Holy Holy Holy Communion (oncealittlegirl.com)