May the Lord grant us an understanding of Him and the wisdom to pass it on
READ: Deuteronomy 6:1-9
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. —Deuteronomy 6:7
In my family scrapbook is a picture of my daughter at age 4 working next to me, using a toy hammer to repair the siding on the house. Side by side we worked that day; she imitated my every action, absolutely convinced that she too was fixing the house. Rarely have I enjoyed a chore more. In the picture, it’s obvious that she’s enjoying it too.
That photo reminds me that our children mimic most of what they see in us—words and deeds. They also form their images of God from the images they have of us as parents. If we’re stern and unmerciful, they’re likely to see God that way too. If we’re distant and cold, so God will seem to them as well. It is one of our most important duties as parents to help our children see God clearly, especially the unconditional nature of His love.
I can imagine the family scrapbook of my relationship with God having a similar picture. I’m learning from Him how to live life, how to love, and how to make it a permanent part of my being. He then teaches me how to teach others (Deut. 6:1-7).
May the Lord grant us an understanding of Him and the wisdom to pass it on. —Randy Kilgore
We must teach our children clearly
What is right and what is wrong;
Live before them an example—
Godly, righteous, pure, and strong. —Fitzhugh
To teach your children well, let God teach you.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Godliness With Contentment (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Gives The Power To Get Wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Side By Side (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- A Wholehearted Commitment – Deuteronomy 10:12 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- A Thousand-fold Increase? (freedomarc.wordpress.com)
- Bible in 52 – Week 10 American Law in Deuteronomy (yourlifemattersinc.com)
- The Priorities of a Godly Husband. (covenantfamilyaffairs.wordpress.com)
- God Will Never Put You Where He Cannot Keep You (shareaverse.wordpress.com)
- The Fear of the Lord vs. the Fear of man. Who do you fear? (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)
- Who Made the Bad Guys? (believersbattlecry.com)
- When faced with a problem, seek God first before relying on your own wisdom or strength (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Thursday (thexortr.wordpress.com)
- Grazing in Old Testament Pastures (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)
- Jim – Blessings Will Overtake You (pociluykos.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of reading the bible. Why should I read the bible? Why should I study? (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)