Jesus Came to Serve! SO Should We!
Don’t focus so much on what you love to do that you neglect what needs to be done. A 3:00 AM diaper change fits in very few sweet spots! Visiting your sick neighbour might not come naturally to you. Still, the sick need to be encouraged, garages need sweeping, and diapers need changing.
The world needs servants. People like Jesus, who “did not come to be served, but to serve.” Jesus chose remote Nazareth over center-stage Jerusalem, his dad’s carpentry shop over a marble-columned palace, and three decades of anonymity over a life of popularity. Jesus selected prayer over sleep, the wilderness over the Jordan.
I’d have gone with angels. I’d have built my apostle team out of Gabriel and Michael. Not Jesus. He picked people! When they feared the storm, he stilled it.
When they had no food for the multitude, he provided it.
Jesus came to serve! So should we.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The God Of This Very Moment (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Spirit and Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Acknowledged by Our Lord Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Sabbath is not a day, but rather a relationship with God through Jesus. Rest in His love and let Him use you today (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Actively Waiting with the Right Attitude (mtsweat.com)
- Do you know the Real Christ? (ptl2010.com)
- By What Authority? — Part 3 (mygearreadings.wordpress.com)
- Who Am I? (writeforacause.org)
- Paul’s Vision on the Road to Damascus (thingspaulandluke.wordpress.com)