Because He died, I am free! Free from my sin and its penalty
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
Romans 6:18, NIV
With blood flowing from His wounds and streaming down His face from the thorns in His brow, Jesus stood before Pilate. As part of the Passover celebration, it was Pilate’s custom to release any prisoner the crowd chose. It just so happened that “at that time they had a notorious prisoner, called Barabbas. So . . . Pilate asked them, ‘Which one do you want me to release to you: Barabbas, or Jesus Who is called Christ?’” (Matt. 27:16-17, NIV)
The rulers shouted back, “No, not him! Give us Barabbas!” (John 18:40, NIV). Barabbas! Barabbas was a thief and a murderer and a rabble-rouser! The religious leaders of Israel were demanding that Barabbas be set free and Jesus be crucified. And so Barabbas became the first person to be set free by the death of Jesus.
Jesus died, not just in the place of Barabbas, but in your place and mine. Because He died, I am free! Free from my sin and its penalty.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Thank You Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Secret Sins (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Get Connected To God, Get connected To His Son Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Is There A Secret Sin In Your Life Taking You Down The Wrong Road? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus took upon himself the penalty for our sins (signposts02.wordpress.com)
- Romans 6 and my struggle with sin (timchester.wordpress.com)
- Third Temptation of Jesus (catholicmysticwind.wordpress.com)
- Third Temptation of Jesus (scripturaldesk.wordpress.com)
- God Loves You! It’s As Simple As That (mylordisjesus.wordpress.com)
- Our God-given potential! (sacollinsvogan.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know Jesus? (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know This About Jesus Christ, Salvation & the Kingdom of Heaven? (justmureithi.wordpress.com)
- “Higher Things” Reflection for July 17 (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Run To The Cross (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- If This Doesn’t Compel You, What Virtuous Act Would? (godsbreath.wordpress.com)
- “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Help! I’m Not Perfect (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Heavenly Memo: “The Power of the Blood” (revessie.com)
- Truths Man Has Forgotten or Does Not Know! (keyword-power.com)
- Thursday (July 19): “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- Chosen to be Holy (ising4god.com)
- Cleansed by Blood (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- Of course it’s not ‘fair’ – it’s Grace! (jtgn.wordpress.com)