|Eternity!It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, because that is the end of every man, and the living takes it to heart (Ecclesiastes 7:2)
Eternity is a long period of time! It’s hard to grasp that eternity is never-ending. But let me give you a little illustration to help you understand. Imagine that we could empty the largest body of water in the world, the Pacific Ocean, and fill it up with sand as tall as the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest. Now imagine that a bird flies by and takes one grain of sand off that sand pile once every 100 billion years. How long will it take for that sand pile to disappear? We can consider that amount of time to be equal to one second in eternity.
We weren’t just created for sixty or eighty years of life on earth. We were created for eternity. Every baby born on earth is headed toward its dying day; that’s just reality. But we were made for more than that. We are meant to experience eternity in the fullness of life with the Father. Death is simply the doorway we must pass through to transform into the realm of the eternal.
Paul understood this and said: “We also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body” (2 Corinthians 5:9-10). Paul said that because he was a creature of eternity, he would live his earthly life for God. He would live in time in a way that pleased God.
If you’re living in time and for time, you’re wasting time.
- The hope of surrender (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Investing in People (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Soul winning (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Only Ten Days Left Until Our MASSIVE Christmas Giveaway!! (And A Free Excerpt To Whet Your Appetite!!) (thelightheartedcalvinist.com)
- How To Experience Eternal Life Today (pastorht.wordpress.com)
- God Making His Appeal Through Us. (kevinnunez.org)
- What the Bible Teaches About Our Warfare (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Insignificant? (jimf.wordpress.com)
- Insignificant? (j4man.wordpress.com)
- Entering into Mystical Union (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)