A life filled with love for the Lord and for others is a fulfilling life
READ: Philippians 2:1-4
Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also the interests of others. —Philippians 2:4
The thing I remember most about Harry, aside from his rare ability to catch those huge Henry’s Lake trout, was his dog, Dingo. Now there was a dog! Dingo used to sit alongside Harry in his boat and watch intently while he fished. When the old fisherman hooked a trout, Dingo would bark furiously until the fish was netted and released.
Dingo’s enthusiasm taught me something: It’s better to get more excited about what others are doing than what we are doing.
So, as I read Philippians 2:4 and think about Dingo, I ask myself: Do I spend time thinking about “the interests of others”? Do I get as excited about what God is doing in and through a friend as I do about what He is doing in and through me? Do I long to see others grow in grace and find success, though it may have been my efforts that made them prosper?
This is the measure of greatness, for we are most like God when our thoughts for ourselves are lost in our thoughts for others. Paul said it best: “Let each esteem others better than himself” (2:3). Is that how we live? —David Roper
Love feels the sorrows others feel,
It longs to give support,
And love is quick to take delight
In every good report. —D. De Haan
A life filled with love for the Lord and for others is a fulfilling life.
Culled from: www.odb.org.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. – Philippians 4:11 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Hopelessness (ptl2010.com)
- Philippians (Week 2) (slideshare.net)
- My peace I give you (iwu2012breanna.wordpress.com)
- The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Just Believe (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Inspirational Bible Verses – Philippians 4:13 – Christ Strengthens Me (darrellcreswell.wordpress.com)
- A few quick thoughts :-) (familyofgrahams.wordpress.com)
- Chapter of the day- Philippians 4 (livesharp.org)
- I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty (bummyla.wordpress.com)