So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. —Psalm 90:12
We live in a society that’s overrun with warning labels. From disclaimers on pills, to “use-by” dates on soup cans, to danger signs on chain saws—warning labels draw our attention to impending hazards. Recently I received a box with a precious gift inside. The sender had attached a big red sticker to the package that said, fragile: handle with care. When I think about life and its fragility, I wonder if we shouldn’t all wear one of those red stickers.
It’s not a good idea to cruise through life thinking that we are invincible and that everything is going to be just fine—only to discover that we are far more fragile than we thought. It takes only a call from the doctor telling us that we have a life-threatening disease, or the swerve of a careless driver in front of us to remind us that life is extremely uncertain. There are no guarantees! None of us can be certain of another breath. So the psalmist has an important piece of advice . . . a warning label of sorts: “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Ps. 90:12).
Let’s choose to live as though this were our last moment on earth by loving more deeply, forgiving more readily, giving more generously, and speaking more kindly.
That’s how to handle life with care. —Joe Stowell
Yesterday is gone; tomorrow is uncertain; today is here. Use it wisely.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Handle With Care (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Fifteen Stupid Warning Labels [Photos] (collegecandy.com)
- God Loves It When You Prosper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Hypersensitivity (ptl2010.com)
- A good leader is one who knows the way, shows the way, and goes the way (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Know God’s Voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Chose You Too (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)