Growing in Love
[Love] rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things…. Beareth all things, believeth all things,
hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1 Corinthians 13:5,7
Let me say something that may shock you but is nevertheless true: You don’t really fall in love with someone until after you’ve been married to them. All the other feel-good things that happen in courtship aren’t
real love. These things aren’t necessarily bad, and you have to admit
that they feel awfully good, but they aren’t real love.
You don’t “fall” in love; you grow in love. You grow love over time,
choosing again and again to take advantage of God’s love and power to
extend love to both your mate and yourself.
This is God‘s plan for marriage. Any time you tinker with God’s plan,
somebody pays a terrible price. Where divorce is concerned, not only do
the spouses suffer but the children get stuck with the painful bill for
their parent’s foolishness. It is always better for a couple to get in
God’s Word and work it out in love, and keep working it out. At least
that way the child sees that a person doesn’t just cut and run when
things get tough. If a child sees a parent run from difficulty, it will
be easier for the child to do the same thing in school, on the job, in
his or her relationships, and in every other area of their lives.
Believe God and stand on His Word. When you do, you’ll get God’s power
involved in your situation. It may appear hopeless, but there’s no
hopelessness with God.
Dear Heavenly Father,
You are hope. You are life. You are love itself, and You are the One
who can keep my relationships-including my marriage-on a firm
foundation that stands the tests of time and adversity. I run to You
and look to Your Word for love that never fails. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Think on These Things
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Love Never Fails (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Serving and keeping God’s commandments is not only a commitment but an act of love as well (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Praise God ! (thekingslighthouse.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 13:1. The Most Wonderful Prose (oyiabrown.wordpress.com)
- The One Choice That Led to Death (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- PRAYER TO DISCERN A VOCATION Lord, there (holyfamilysisters.org)
- Benefits Of Fasting (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Dig: My prayer for today (19ya71.wordpress.com)
- Galatians 3:26-27 Bible Verse of the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. even so, Amen (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A life filled with love for the Lord and for others is a fulfilling life (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Wise Rules (bummyla.wordpress.com)