Help for the Helpless
“Jesus asked him, ‘Do you want to be well?” -John 5:6
Jesus was walking through Jerusalem. Think New York City. That’s what Jerusalem
was – the metropolitan gathering spot. It was crowed with all kinds of people. Eventually,
Jesus passed by a pool called “Bethesda.” This pool was believed to have magical
powers. Many believed that when the waters were stirred, the first one to enter
the pool would be healed. So, hundreds of sick people were lying by this pool,
watching and waiting for their opportunity to be healed.
One man had been waiting 38 years for his miracle! He was a paralytic and he had
lain there for nearly four decades! Every day he watched. Every day he waited.
Every day he hoped for his chance! Would today be the day…finally?
Jesus sees this man and asks him, “Do you want to be well?”
What a question! Why else would he wait there that long? But in truth, this is one
of the most salient questions we can be asked, “Do you want to be well?”
Why wouldn’t this man have wanted to be well? Well, it would mean that his way of
life would be forever changed. He would have to learn how to fend for himself instead
of living off handouts. He would have to risk standing up, falling (a likelihood
since he hadn’t stood on his legs for so long), and looking like a fool.
It meant he would have to change. He would have to let go of his old life and learn
a new one.
But he did say yes. And so Jesus gave His prescription for getting well. He said,
“Get up!” And the man GOT UP! He picked up his mat – the same mat that had carried
him – and walked! He walked into his new life! He walked into his miracle!
Get up. Walk into your miracle today!
Lord, I feel helpless. But You are help for the helpless. You are hope for the hopeless!
I want to be made whole! I want to have the strength to get up! I reach out my hand to
You, today, and grab onto You. Pick me up, Lord, in Jesus Christ Name I pray! Amen.
What is holding you back from getting up and saying “yes” to your miracle today?
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Is Knocking (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You have been reconciled to God through Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Got a Dime to Spare? God did not spare His Son Jesus Christ out of love for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Just Believe (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s ways are truly higher than ours (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Knowing God Is Our Greatest Treasure (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Loves It When You Prosper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Know God’s Voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I Am A Winner In Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Help For The Helpless (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be strong and of good courage! For the Lord Your God Is With You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Dispensationalism and the eyes of our understanding (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- One Is in Jesus Believers (ireport.cnn.com)
- spiritual, inner victory… (thehandmaid.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 100 : Never Underestimate the Power of God (loathsomecreek.wordpress.com)
- Mrs. Baugh’s Bible Treasure 5 – Bible Answers – Part 8 – Support of the Gospel (faithfulnibbles.wordpress.com)