By their fruits you shall know them
The way that you can tell whether a person is genuine or not is by the fruit they produce. This fruit is speaking of lifestyle. Jesus made the point that you don’t get bad fruit from a good tree, and you don’t get good fruit from a bad tree. Many people say one thing, but their actions speak so loudly that you really can’t hear what they are saying. If you are in doubt about whether a person is genuine or not, or whether you should receive from them and follow their teaching, look at the fruit they are producing.
In evaluating ministers and ministries, more attention should be given to the fruit that is being produced. Failure to do this could lead someone to reject and even discredit a minister who simply makes a mistake or is wrong in one area. Every minister has shortcomings, just as every other member of the Body of Christ does. But that doesn’t mean his ministry is bad. Look at the fruit.
Fruit is the true test of ministers and ministries. If people are being saved, if lives are being changed, there is good fruit. Even though the minister may say something bad and make mistakes, the fruit is good.
Therefore, you can say that the tree is good. When a person says all of the right things and may seem sincere, but you see the lives of people around them shattered and torn, and in confusion and distress, then the fruit is bad. You can judge the effectiveness of a person by the fruit that they are producing in their life. In ministry you can judge the effectiveness of a minister by the fruit that his ministry is producing.
Today, make sure that the fruit that comes from your life is positive. Make sure that you are making a positive impact on people’s lives, that you are turning people to the Lord and not leaving them hurt and confused. People are looking at you to see what type of fruit you are bearing.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Bread, Seed, and Fruits. God will increase the fruits of your righteousness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Fig Trees (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Old But Still Living On Purpose (createdforpurposeblog.wordpress.com)
- A Saving Grace that Produces Fruit! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Lenten Reflections 2012: Retreating into the wilderness with Jesus, Day 36 (vinodjohn.wordpress.com)