Lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil
Luke 11:4 says: “”And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.” When we pray, “Lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil”, we know that prayer invites God into our battles. Prayer also invites us into the place where God can deliver us. It brings us to the place where God’s hand is waiting to be extended. His hand is strong with deliverance and healing, and in the place of prayer it can be released. Many times when we don’t pray, God is bound and separated from our problems. It’s not that He wants to be separated, but when He is without our prayer to invite Him in, He is automatically separated. The phrase, “lead us not”, does not mean that we are asking God to avoid taking us somewhere, but it means, “God, open our eyes when evil is coming. Unveil to us the smallest schemes and plans of the enemy so that we may respond and change course. Give us direction, and show us how to turn from the course where the enemy has laid a snare in our path.” God wants to be involved, and His involvement is filled with counsel, wisdom, the leading of His Spirit, and direction for your life. At the end of a prayer life that believes and depends on God, there is victory and deliverance.
Be led by God!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Being a Person of Prayer (counselofafriend.wordpress.com)
- Our Lord’s model prayer (thelivingmessage.com)
- The Lord’s Prayer (inhisservicetilhecomes.com)
- Does God tempt us? (horizonsingles.com)
- How to Pray | Three Steps from the Lord’s Prayer (faithfulprovisions.com)
- The Lord’s Prayer (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts On: OUR FATHER (mothermaryswords.wordpress.com)
- How to pray (thewordonthehill.wordpress.com)
- Whose Battle Is It? (glendamills.com)
- Help To Resist Temptation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Temptation Is Common (abiblereader.wordpress.com)