The Look of Jesus
Luke 22:60-62, NKJV
The night Jesus was betrayed, a man stepped up to Peter in the courtyard of the temple compound and challenged him: “Didn’t I see you with [Jesus] in the olive grove?” (John 18:26, NIV). All the tension and anger of the past hours exploded in Peter and tumbled out in a stream of curses as he insisted, “I don’t know the man!” Yet as he spoke, he heard the unmistakable sound of a rooster crowing in the distance. At that very moment, a commotion in the breezeway got everyone’s attention. With the denial still burning his lips, Peter looked into the eyes of Jesus!
The look of Jesus was like a flaming fire, burning away Peter’s hypocrisy and sin. Then as the entourage around Jesus roughly pushed and shoved Him forward, the moment passed. Peter, shaken to the core of his being, went out into the night, where he “wept bitterly,” sobbing out his confession to God.
Three days later, Peter knew his sin had been forgiven when he met the risen Christ. Do you have the uneasy feeling that Jesus is “looking” at you? Is your heart burning with shame and guilt? Don’t shed tears, shed your pride and come to Him for cleansing and restoration.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The God Of This Very Moment (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Peter & Passion Week (gracietom.wordpress.com)
- Thank You Jesus… (media4lifeministries.com)
- Before the Rooster Crows: Do we give Peter a bad rap? (ptl2010.com)
- Before the Rooster Crows: Do we give Peter a bad rap? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- The hurt of Peter’s denial of Christ-‘Just as I am’, Brian Doerkson (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- The Longest Night (godstoybox.wordpress.com)
- Empty Nets (danielsfictionbypaul.wordpress.com)
- Author Aaron E. Peters Presents Fresh Insights Into God’s Word In His New Book ‘Musings of the Heart’ (prweb.com)
- Illumination (estherscott1257.wordpress.com)
- A Cowering Community – April 15, 2012 – John 20: 19 – 31 (prissiesissie.wordpress.com)
- Easter is for 2nd Chances (brotherjonathandevotion.wordpress.com)