Stay clear of rebellion. When unity is useless
“And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are” (John 17:11).
One thing that singled out Jesus and His disciples was their level of unity. They could accomplish so much together because of this virtue. However, from the Lord’s Prayer above, the Lord expressed His desire for His disciples to be united as He is with the Father, even after He would have left the scene. Any unity born out of the contrivance of man may not last. If you exclude God in your quest for unity, the centre will not hold. Whatever you are bringing together may part ways naturally. If you look at the unity that exists among God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit, you may find it incomprehensible. There is no record of disagreement in their relationship. They are so united that they can never be divided. There is nothing mortals or spirits can do to cause division in their midst. No wonder Jesus specifically asked for such heavenly unity to operate among His disciples! May Heaven’s unity operate in our midst! Amen!
There is power in unity but if people are united against God’s will. It will not stand. About 100 years after the floor, the earth had one language. Even though God wanted them to spread to different parts, they decided to stay together. Besides, under the leadership of Nimrod, they wanted to build a tower whose height would reach the sky. They were not repentant. They though God was confined to judging sin only through a flood. Their tower was to be their escape route from any future judgment for sin. As they built the city and the tower, they continued in their idolatry. When God came and saw what they were doing, and how united they were in achieving their evil goal, He brought confusion into their midst by multiplying their tongues and languages. As a result, they carried out His original plan for spreading across the globe. If you are united in sin, you cannot escape God’s judgment (Proverbs 11:21). Some agreements in the church of God are satanic. Some pastors or church leaders form camps and begin to pray against fellow leaders or camps. That is witchcraft! If what unites you with a group of believers is gossiping, you may be calling for the axe. Never unite with others to do something evil. It will backfire!
Uniting against God, His Word or His children erodes all the gains from unity as a powerful force. Stay clear of rebellion.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Value of Unity in Christ (covenantfamilyaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Cardinal Newman Prayer for Unity (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)
- Divisions Not Allowed In God’s House (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “May they become perfectly one” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- We Are One in the Spirit (wordofgodspeaktome.wordpress.com)
- Getting Along (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- ‘Why Pastor Tunde Bakare cannot advise Jonathan’ (vanguardngr.com)
- Theology Behind Jesus and Children (catholicmysticwind.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ June 29, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- “Your Father knows what you need before you ask him” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- (Dis)Unity (kellylevatino.com)
- Faith and unity reign at this year’s Juneteenth celebration (columbiamissourian.com)