Love Means Discipline
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and
The Lord said, “If I love you, I will rebuke you.” People transpose
this statement. They think that love means allowing people to do what
they want and never saying a cross word, but God doesn’t love that way.
The Lord will chasten you, and He chastens you with His Word. What are
you to do when He does? Hebrews 12:1 says that we are to “lay aside
every weight.” In other words, we are to make up our mind and act.
You get through tough times in the same manner as Jesus. Jesus had the
strength to endure the beatings and the crucifixion by focusing on what
God was going to give Him. You have to look at the joy. You have to see
your future reward. You can’t look at what is in front of you but at
what is coming for you.
Jesus resisted in that garden until His sweat was almost as big as
great drops of blood. It’s possible that his pores opened, and he
actually sweated blood. The pressure on Him to avoid that crucifixion
was immense, but He resisted it.
Hebrews 12:8 says that if we don’t receive God’s chastening, then we
are bastard sons. God does not chasten with sickness and disease,
poverty and lack, or fear and depression. You are a spirit, and the
chastisement goes to your spirit. I have been chastened by God, and I
would rather have been the recipient of a belting than to hurt so in my
spirit being when He set me straight with the Word.
Dear Heavenly Father!
You know my standing up and my sitting down. You now all my ways, and I
choose to lay aside everything that hinders my faith and focus on who
You are, what You have promised, and the joy and future reward that You
have planned for me. Thank You! In Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
Think on These Things
* Deuteronomy 8:5
* Job 5:17
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- But My God Shall Supply All Your Need According To His Riches In Glory By Christ Jesus. Philppians 4:19 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Heavenly Memo…”He heard you” (revessie.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ July 19, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ July 18, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- How Awesome is God’s Word (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 60th Annual The Redeemed Christian Church Of God Convention “Come Up Higher” Welcome Address By Pastor E A Adeboye (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- From Hot For Christ To Dead To Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Key to Joy (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Stray Temptation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Prodigal Son (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Taking a New Grip With Tired Hands (rmgarvin.wordpress.com)
- God Will Not Bless Your Mess (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- All of God’s power is wrapped up in the Gospel (bummyla.wordpress.com)