Like A Child Grows
1 Corinthians 13:11
“When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.”
As a child, our focus is pretty set on ourselves. When we’re infants, we cry because we want to eat. When we are toddlers, our vocabulary consists mainly of the word ‘mine’. As a school age child, we wrestle with wanting to fit in or be in the right crowd. While as adults we may struggle with some of the same issues, we begin looking outside ourselves and begin noticing the needs of others. As followers of Christ, this is simply a part of life.
When we are born again, we come desiring things for ourselves just as we did as a child. We desire salvation and forgiveness of sins and this is good and right. It is at this foundation that we find life and a relationship with God. But just as a child continues to grow, so should we. Having been empowered by God’s Spirit, we begin looking outward, desiring to bless those around us. We rejoice in what God has done for us and then we move outside ourselves desiring to see others know what we know. This is reflected in our relationships, our finances and every other area of life. As we grow in Christ, we begin looking around for every opportunity to minister to others – just like Jesus.
We should all be “growing up” in our faith and becoming less selfish and more caring.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for life and Your love. Thank You for the forgiveness of sins found in Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit and help me to be open to opportunities to minister to those around me. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jesus Christ Is Standing At the Door Of Our Hearts (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Christ is made unto us wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Rebuke you Satan, in Jesus Name, Amen! (Sermon Note) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Get in God’s will, and stay in it! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let your dream in life be for people to see Jesus Christ in you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Self-examination (Be Like Your Heavenly Father) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Blood of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God delights in your prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 2 (Christ’s Humility and Greatness) (bummyla.wordpress.com)