Psalms 40. A song of praise. Faith persevering in trial
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. 10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. 12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. 13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me. 14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. 15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha. 16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. 17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Psalm 36. Human Wickedness. The Goodness Of God And God’s Perfection (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 31. A Prayer Of Trust In God. The LORD A Fortress In Adversity (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 22. A Cry Of Anguish And A Song Of Praise. The Suffering, Praise And Posterity Of The Messiah (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 30. The Blessedness Of Answered Prayer. A Prayer Of Thanksgiving (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 21. Praise For Victory. Joy In The Salvation Of The LORD (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 17. The Prayer Of An Innocent Person. Prayer With Confidence In Final Salvation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 18. God The Sovereign Saviour. Song Of Victory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 35. A Prayer For Help. The LORD The Avenger Of His People (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 27. A Prayer Of Praise And Of Faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 25. A Prayer For Guidance, Protection, Deliverance And Forgiveness (bummyla.wordpress.com)