Do Not Despise These Small Beginnings, For The LORD Rejoices To See The Work Begin. Zechariah 4:10 (NLT)
The Butterfly Effect
Have you heard about the butterfly effect? In physics, it describes how tiny changes in initial conditions (such as the flap of a butterfly’s wings) can affect weather thousands of miles away.
Imagine – a fragile butterfly can alter weather patterns on another continent! Had it not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the weather system might have been vastly different. What can you learn from this?
You may feel insignificant at times, as fragile as the butterfly. It may seem like you’re just flapping your wings when you are standing alone for truth and honesty in the workplace or the home. You say, “What can I do in the face of a challenge this big?” More than you think! Your faith, your words, your deeds, your prayers, your examples, your kindness and persistence can release the power of God and activate the forces of heaven to go to work in that situation.
God loves to use things that we consider to be insignificant, like Moses’ rod which parted the Red Sea, or David’s slingshot that brought down a giant, or a boy’s lunch that fed a multitude.
Your flapping wings can initiate changes that will influence lives around you for all eternity. Jesus said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20 NKJV). It’s not about the size of the seed you sow, but about the GOD Who grants increase. It’s not about the prayer you pray but about the greatness of One Who answers prayer!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly John 10:10, NKJV (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Zechariah 8:23. God Is With You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 28. Rejoicing In Answered Prayer. A Prayer For Help (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 35. A Prayer For Help. The LORD The Avenger Of His People (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Like A Child Grows (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 30. The Blessedness Of Answered Prayer. A Prayer Of Thanksgiving (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 38. The Prayer Of A Sufferer. Prayer In Time Of Chastening (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- October 1, 2012 – Behold! (hisgatheringplace.wordpress.com)
- Armor of God Series: “Shoes Of Peace” (ptl2010.com)
- Job 36:5-6 – DOES GOD DESPISE ME? (pastorross1.wordpress.com)