There are times when we all need help
We like to think of ourselves as self-sufficient, but it’s wise to know when you need help. When Israel was fighting the Amalekites, as long as Moses held up his staff the Israelites prevailed. But when he lowered it the enemy gained the advantage. But like the rest of us Moses was human and his “arms…..became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side …..holding up his hands”.
God not only gave Israel the victory that day, He showed Moses there are times when we all need help. One pastor says, “I remember a time I was deeply discouraged….I questioned whether I was the right person to pastor the church….A friend sensed my despair…..took me out for coffee and listened to my concerns. He took time to (remind me) of all the ways God was using my leadership….He helped me gain the perspective I’d lost. By the end of our time together, I felt encouraged, ready to continue….I’ll always be thankful for the way he “held up my hands”. Most of us find it easier to give help than receive it. Sometimes accepting help means giving up your role as the martyr or victim, tearing down walls of independence you’ve spent years building and letting others be there for you.
If that sounds like you, pray this pray:
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Do Not Despise These Small Beginnings, For The LORD Rejoices To See The Work Begin. Zechariah 4:10 (NLT) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Three Reasons Why You Need Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Unstoppable Generation By Pastor Peter Amenkhienan RCCG (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 2:5 Let Christ Jesus Be Our Example In Humility (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The righteousness which is by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Matthew 19. Jesus Teaches About Divorce (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Peter 1:3-11 Confirming One’s Calling And Election (writedownthesewords.com)
- Sermon: In the Wilderness (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Why Me ??? (myownheart.me)