Sermon By Pastor Adeyemi Of DayStar Christian Centre “Becoming A Leader”. Luke 4:16-19
Our character is the foundation for your leadership. As you develop character, integrity, honesty, sincerity, humility and kindness, you will be able to break free from selfishness and self-centredness. You begin to develop greater capacity for generosity. As a believer in God, love is the foundation for character. When you show love, you become sensitive to other people’s needs and thus increase your sphere of influence.
Below are some of the basic emotional needs of every human being:
1) The need to be loved: This is the most important part of everyone’s life. (John 3: 16) Everyone needs to experience the feeling that comes from knowing that someone really cares for them. We respond positively to anyone who shows they care for us. John 13:1 says of Jesus that “…He loved them to the end”. John 13: 34 says “…love one another; as I have loved you”. To succeed in leadership, you need to genuinely care for people. The Gospels let us know that Jesus cared for all categories of people. The family is the primary place where God provided for people to give and receive love. Someone said “God gives you a family to prepare you for an enemy”. Show love to those in your family because if you fail to love at home, it is likely you will fail to love outsiders. In the Bible, we learn about Joseph who did not become a bitter person because of the bad experiences he had suffered at home. Instead, he developed his character and ultimately fulfilled destiny.
2) Acceptance: Each individual needs to be accepted for who they are. Do not impose conditions on people before you accept or love them. Christ’s approach to leadership shows He accepted people as they were. His interaction with the Samaritan woman by the well (John 4) and the woman caught in the act of adultery are good examples. In His day, different categories of people were marginalised and mistreated. He also showed that children were important when He stopped His sermon and focused on them. If you have prejudices, then there is a failure mechanism in your leadership capacity.
All copyrights © DayStar Christian Centre. All Rights Reserved
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Underestimated (jillcobb.wordpress.com)
- Did Jesus Baptize? – A Test Case for Brodie’s ‘Unity of John’ Thesis (vridar.wordpress.com)
- 1 John 4. Love for God and One another. The True Spirit and the False. God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Secrets of success: Intention and Vision by Pastor Sam Adeyemi (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lesson 6 – Witnessing – Lesson (christiansareus.wordpress.com)
- Jesus in the Spin Zone (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- The Goat Head Leaves Our House (joekirigia.wordpress.com)