Isaiah 61. The good news of salvation. The good news of deliverance (KJV)
1 The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. 5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. 7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Isaiah 51. Words of comfort to Jerusalem. The faithful are called to courage (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 56. God’s people will include all nations. Salvation for the Gentiles (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 54. The LORD’s love for Israel. A promise of everlasting kindness. God’s Love (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 49. The Messiah is the Light to the Gentiles. Israel, a light to the Nations (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 45. The LORD appoints Cyrus. Salvation will come only by the LORD (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 58. A description of true religion. True fasting (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 33. A prayer for help. Salvation for those who trust in God (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 48. God is LORD of the future. Israel’s unfaithfulness rebuked (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 42. The LORD’s Servant. The servant comes to glorify the LORD (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 52. God will rescue Jerusalem. God will restore Jerusalem (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)