If you’re born again, you don’t own yourself anymore; you belong to Jesus, for He bought you with a price – His Precious Blood. Thus, you’re now a love-slave to Jesus. You don’t have your life anymore and therefore can’t insist on having your way. Rather, you’re to live for Him. Not many in the Church are fully aware of this yet. Jesus bought you with a price and became your LORD, that means you can’t do what you like anymore, but what He wants. You’ve become His love-slave.
There’s a difference between a slave and a servant. You’re not a servant; for never at anytime did He call us, the New Creation, His Servants. The disciples were once His servants, but later He called them Friends (John 15:15). But after He went to the Cross and paid for their lives, they became His property; His love-slave! That’s why in most of his writings, Paul addressed himself as a love-slave to Jesus Christ.
Being a love-slave to Jesus means that even though He bought you, you love to be His; you’re glad to belong to Him, and are willing and ready to do whatever He tells you. Remember, everything you are, and everything you have belongs to Him; He owns you, Spirit, Soul and Body. So, you’re to glorify Him with your life by living for Him.
So, stop being yourself, and let Him have the pre-eminence in your life. He knows how to take care of His own, and since you belong to Him, it’s His responsibility to Protect, Keep, Bless, Help, Promote and Provide for you.
Dear LORD Jesus Christ, I’m so glad I belong to you, and as Your love-slave, I commit myself to doing only those things that bring you honour and glory. My life is for Your glory, and I rejoice exceedingly to be called by Your Name, Amen!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Happy New Year In Christ Jesus! 2013! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 42. The LORD’s Servant. The servant comes to glorify the LORD (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus The Faithful LORD And Master (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Gaining victory (ptl2010.com)
- Faith Child – Serving Him? – He is best (ptl2010.com)
- Slaves of Christ are Free (citizenofnewjerusalem.wordpress.com)
- Quote of the Day – Unity (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Evensong ~ January 11, 2013 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- Forgiveness: Parable of the Unmerciful Servant (joequatronejr.wordpress.com)
- Show Your Scars (bensmith34.wordpress.com)