Be Polite To Others
Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned (as it were) with salt, (so that you may never be at a loss) to know how you ought to answer anyone (who puts a question to you) (Colossians 4:6 AMP)
For many in our country, acting in a polite and civil manner, after being exposed to protracted years of military rule is something to learn. Many are yet to learn the importance of the words “Please”, “Excuse me” and “Thank You” in their communication with others. They are of the erroneous belief that being polite is a sign of weakness in one’s character, but that’s not true. Rather, being polite is something that reveals the strength of character.
In James 3:13-14, the Bible says, “Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? Let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.” In essence, where you use the right words to address others, you’re actually displaying the wisdom of God that’s in you. But bitterness in the heart of man will produce harsh words and abusive communication.
So, in relating with those around you, don’t use bitter, harsh or abusive words. Let your words reflect the presence of the Spirit of God that lives in you. Colossians 4:6 says “ Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down or cut them out” (MSG). Let your words uplift, encourage, inspire, soothe and build. Don’t allow communication that could inflict pain or stir strife or discord out of your lips.
See others with the eyes of God and address them that way. Be humble in your communication (James 4:6). Don’t use hurtful words to address people and don’t raise your voice against them. Be courteous, respectful, and civil in your relationship with others.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Christian Thinker (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Saved by God’s Grace. It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Actions speak Louder than Words. Exemplify Christ through your actions (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Pray Every Day (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The resume of Jesus Christ (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Break Free From Self Rejection; The Chain Of Poverty (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Practicing Friendship: Gratitude (revnormal.com)
- Hymn. We Love The Place O God Wherein Thine Honour Dwells (bummyla.wordpress.com)