I didn’t even have a ticket when I arrived at my first Women of Faith event in Hartford last year. I had decided to attend at the very last minute. I didn’t know anyone there and certainly didn’t know what to expect.
God knew, though. A multi-sensory spiritual pep rally was in store, complete with soul-stirring worship and heartwarming stories. In an arena filled with tens of thousands of women, I heard God whispering in my ear and reigniting my passion for writing.
I’ve always loved words-from the time I was a little girl and my father taught me a new word every night when he tucked me into bed. Now, four decades later, God was reminding me of that love through Women of Faith.
As I experienced the event, descriptive phrases were rolling through my mind like ticker tape: the litany of lyrics weaving a melodious tapestry; the gifted speakers painting vivid word pictures; the enticing stacks of books inviting me to learn not only about God but also about myself.
When I returned home that evening, I dusted off my journal and began to write letters to God again. Since then, I’ve written several inspirational stories, one of which was recently published by Guideposts. I even had the memorable experience of meeting a very special lady whose life was changed by reading my article.
It is my dream to share my stories about faith and hope with others. I know the Author of life has a plan for me and I want to thank Women of Faith for adding an exclamation point to my journey!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- How do you know if you are being a good steward? The Authority of Godly Stewardship (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- All things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- MUST SEE: Amazing Interview With Hatchet-Wielding Homeless Hitchhiker Who Took Down Man Claiming To Be Jesus (mediaite.com)
- Allow LORD Jesus To Take Charge Of Your Affairs (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- ‘Smash, smash, smash’: TV interview of mystery hero Kai the hitch-hiker takes the web by storm after he stops crazed driver with a hatchet (dailymail.co.uk)