If you go after God, He will meet you. If you get serious with God, He will get serious with you.
Going after Jesus. Going after God.
The Pharisees therefore said to one another, “You see that you are not doing any good; look, the world has gone after Him.”
John 12:19, NASB
Some may look at Nicodemus as a cowardly sneak, afraid to be seen with Jesus. Though there may have been an element of fear, his goal was to spend quality time with the Lord. We must break away and make time to be with Jesus. No schedule is more important. If you go after God, He will meet you. If you get serious with God, He will get serious with you.
Like Nicodemus, if you make time for Jesus, Jesus will make time for you. Slip away from the crowd—get up in the still of the night—and go sit with Him. Remember, Jesus took time to explain things to Nicodemus, and He’ll take time to explain things to you.
Nicodemus came empty, humble and unassuming. He had a troubled heart. Deep down he longed for answers to some of life’s most important questions. He had ears to hear. He listened, he pondered and his life was forever changed! If you desire to go after God, shake the pride, lose the intellect and get rid of the attitude. Come to Jesus empty enough for Him to have room to fill you.
If you desire to go after God, you don’t have to have all the answers. Begin by being honest about the questions lurking deep inside your heart. Don’t allow the devil to sidetrack the issue. You’re going after the Creator of the universe! Let nothing stand in your way. Your times of communion will be sweet treasures that will change your life forever.
Numbers 34; Psalms 78:38-72
Isaiah 26; 1 John 4
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- The Character of the Redeemed (sammysnardfarkle.wordpress.com)
- A Closer Look at John 3.16 (part 3) (dim-reflections.com)
- Joseph of Arimathea: Sometimes doing what’s right means risking it all – Take courage (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)
- John Chapter Three (macdisciple.com)
- John 3:1-21 (sisterspray4me.com)
- You Must Be Born Again (weushe.org)
- What My Journal Looks Like, Part 1 (ep104.wordpress.com)
- The story of Nicodemus – I’ve always wondered (mlb1022.wordpress.com)
- Life & Death, are in our Tongues (farahgarcia.wordpress.com)
- About, My Shield My Refuge (myshieldmyrefuge.wordpress.com)