Fix Your Eyes on Jesus. Jairus’ daughter.
By Bishop Keith A. Butler
And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James. And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly.
In response to the news that his daughter is dead, Jairus says nothing. He doesn’t fall on the ground weeping. He has enough courage and faith to keep walking with Jesus.
When they get to Jairus’ house, they see the great commotion. People are weeping and wailing greatly. This is a sad scene. If I had been Jairus, I would have been tempted to give in to the pressure and join my family who were experiencing great sorrow. But He remembers Jesus’ words: Be not afraid. Just believe.
Notice Jesus’ response when he goes into the house: Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn (v. 39). No doubt satan was talking to Jairus, saying, “You fool. You are so stupid. How did you let that woman stop your daughter from getting her healing and then let her get away with it?”
You can’t let emotions move you; you can’t let people move you. When Jesus told Jairus to believe in what he had said, that meant that Jairus had to shut out everything else. If you’re going to handle pressure, you have to make a decision about what and who you are going to listen to. You can’t allow extra pressure to come on you from the words of other people.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- Mark 5:21-43 (ericrballard.com)
- Jesus Heals Two People (nineyearbible.wordpress.com)
- Sunday series: 06/06/2010 (#89) (christiannoob.wordpress.com)
- What God Teaches Us In The Worst “Delays” of Our Lives (israelmediaministries.wordpress.com)
- Miracle within a Miracle (bongodogblog.com)
- The Lord of lateness (justifiedjournal.com)
- Your request is being processed (shamelessaudacity.wordpress.com)
- Jog On! (marknathanriley.wordpress.com)
- Luke 8:40-56 (sisterspray4me.com)
- Life of Christ – Part 10 – Third Galilee Ministry(4) – Jarius’ Daughter: Woman Healed (edraby.wordpress.com)