Proverbs 13. Wisdom loves righteousness.
1 A wise son heareth his father’s instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
2 A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
4 The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
5 A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
6 Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.
7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
8 The ransom of a man’s life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.
9 The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
15 Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
17 A wicked messenger falleth into mischief: but a faithful ambassador is health.
18 Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.
19 The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.
20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
21 Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed.
22 A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
23 Much food is in the tillage of the poor: but there is that is destroyed for want of judgment.
24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
25 The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Proverbs 2. The value of wisdom. The rewards of wisdom. Wisdom and bad friends. Wisdom and sexual purity. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 10. A wise son and a foolish son. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 8. In praise of wisdom. Wisdom is everlasting. Wisdom speaks. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 9. Wisdom and stupidity. Wisdom’s invitation. True wisdom. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 13-15 (whatshotn.wordpress.com)
- Job 36. Elihu proclaims God’s Goodness. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 27-29 (whatshotn.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 13 (growthinrecovery.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 10-12 (whatshotn.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 3. Advice to young people. Guidance for the young. Trust God. The value of wisdom. (bummyla.wordpress.com)