Proverbs 18. The Name of the LORD is a strong tower.
1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
3 When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
4 The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
5 It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgment.
6 A fool’s lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. 7 A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
9 He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
11 The rich man’s wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
14 The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
16 A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
18 The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
20 A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
23 The poor useth entreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.
24 A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Proverbs 11. The folly of wickedness. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 13. Wisdom loves righteousness. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 8. In praise of wisdom. Wisdom is everlasting. Wisdom speaks. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 14. The ways of life and death. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 9. Wisdom and stupidity. Wisdom’s invitation. True wisdom. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 15. A soft answer turns away wrath. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 12. The house of the righteous shall stand. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 2. The value of wisdom. The rewards of wisdom. Wisdom and bad friends. Wisdom and sexual purity. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 10. A wise son and a foolish son. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 7. The immoral woman. The wiles of a harlot. The foolishness of unfaithfulness. (bummyla.wordpress.com)