1 When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, and the troop of robbers spoileth without. 2 And they consider not in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness: now their own doings have beset them about; they are before my face. 3 They make the king glad with their wickedness, and the princes with their lies. 4 They are all adulterers, as an oven heated by the baker, who ceaseth from raising after he hath kneaded the dough, until it be leavened. 5 In the day of our king the princes have made him sick with bottles of wine; he stretched out his hand with scorners. 6 For they have made ready their heart like an oven, whiles they lie in wait: their baker sleepeth all the night; in the morning it burneth as a flaming fire. 7 They are all hot as an oven, and have devoured their judges; all their kings are fallen: there is none among them that calleth unto me.
8 Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned. 9 Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth it not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not. 10 And the pride of Israel testifieth to his face: and they do not return to the LORD their God, nor seek him for all this. 11 Ephraim also is like a silly dove without heart: they call to Egypt, they go to Assyria. 12 When they shall go, I will spread my net upon them; I will bring them down as the fowls of the heaven; I will chastise them, as their congregation hath heard. 13 Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me. 14 And they have not cried unto me with their heart, when they howled upon their beds: they assemble themselves for corn and wine, and they rebel against me. 15 Though I have bound and strengthened their arms, yet do they imagine mischief against me. 16 They return, but not to the most High: they are like a deceitful bow: their princes shall fall by the sword for the rage of their tongue: this shall be their derision in the land of Egypt.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Hosea 5. Hosea Warns Against Idolatry. God’s Displeasure With Israel. War Between Judah And Israel. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hosea 1. Hosea’s Unfaithful Wife. Israel Is To Be Restored. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hosea 3. Hosea And The Adulteress And Unfaithful Wife. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hosea 4. God’s Accusation Against Israel. God Accuses The Priests. God Condemns Pagam Worship. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hosea 2. God’s Love For His Unfaithful People. Unfaithful Gomer. Unfaithful Israel. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hosea Chapter 1 (lessonsfromhisword.wordpress.com)
- Ezekiel 19. Mourning For Degraded Israel. A Song Of Sorrow (KJV). God. A Funeral Song For Israel’s Leaders. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lamentations 1. The Sorrows Of Captive Zion. The Sorrow Of Jerusalem (KJV). God. Lonely Jerusalem. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Romance with the Prince of peace” (daddysgirlblog.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 2. Israel’s sufferings the result of sin. God’s care for Israel (KJV). God. Israel’s unfaithfulness. God accuses His people. Israel is stained with guilt. Israel rebel against God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)