1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. 2 And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil. 3 Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live. 4 Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?
5 So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. 6 And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. 7 But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered. 8 And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live. 9 And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death. 10 Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: 11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jonah 1. Jonah Disobeys God And God’s Punishment. God. Jonah In The Belly Of A Fish. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jonah 2. Jonah’s Prayer And God’s Answer. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What in the Fish?-Renee` (radical7even.wordpress.com)
- O Father, All Creating! O Saviour! O Spirit Of The Father! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Notes on Jonah 4:1-11 (stjoeofoblog.wordpress.com)
- The Daily Gospel and Readings 9 October 2013 (prayersandmeditations.com)
- Amos 7. A Vision Of Locusts. Amos And Amaziah. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Stolen Wars – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- Jonah: Old Story, New Lessons (kaitlinbrooker.wordpress.com)
- A Meditation on Sin’s Effects and God’s Mercy in the Story of Jonah (adw.org)