Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. —Hebrews 4:16
During World War II, the British Isles represented the last line of resistance against the sweep of Nazi oppression in Europe. Under relentless attack and in danger of collapse, however, Britain lacked the resources to see the conflict through to victory. For that reason, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill went on BBC radio and appealed to the world: “Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.” He knew that without help from the outside, they could not endure the assault they were facing.
Life is like that. Often, we are inadequate for the troubles life throws at us, and we need help from outside of ourselves. As members of the body of Christ, that help can come at times from our Christian brothers and sisters (Rom. 12:10-13)—and that is a wonderful thing. Ultimately, however, we seek help from our heavenly Father. The good and great news is that our God has invited us to come confidently before Him: “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:16).
At such times, our greatest resource is prayer—for it brings us into the very presence of God. There we find, in His mercy and grace, the help we need. —Bill Crowder
God has given you His promise,
That He hears and answers prayer,
He will heed your supplication
If you cast on Him your care. —Bernstecher
Don’t let prayer be your last recourse in time of need; make it your first.
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Are your prayers working? Here’s something that may be hindering them. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: Occupy through prayer (goerie.com)
- Keeping Christmas Well: Approach God with Boldness by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Invoking God’s mercy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Where Is the Boldness of God’s People?” (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Praying Boldly (teachingsfromthetrail.com)
- Why Jesus took on Humaness (strivingandthriving.wordpress.com)