Help To Resist Temptation
“Don’t let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” (Matthew 6:13)
Satan‘s main strategy with God‘s people has always been to whisper, “Don’t call, don’t ask, don’t depend on God to do great things. You’ll get along fine if you rely on your own cleverness and energy.”
The devil is not terribly frightened of our human efforts, but he knows his kingdom will be damaged when we lift our hearts to God.
Although we can be tempted by our own flesh and by worldly influences, Satan is a major player in our desire to disobey God. Radio Bible teacher David Jeremiah puts temptation in a new light:
Suppose you and one of your friends are on the border of doing something wrong. Both of you know it is wrong. But you are about to do it anyway. But if you should say to your friend, “Go right ahead and do it, but I think you should know that I just heard from heaven and God will be here in a few moments.” Maybe your friend will respond, “Wow, if God is going to be here soon, maybe I will do this tomorrow or next week, but I don’t want to do this if God is going to show up in a few minutes.”
Surprise! God has already shown up. He is here…now! When facing temptation, we should say to ourselves, “This is being carried out in the presence of almighty God.” Meditating on this truth will help give you conviction to face temptation in your life.
I encourage you to practice the presence of God by asking Him to help you resist temptation. The Bible promises that “God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it”. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Your View of God Really Matters …
The next time you are tempted, remember God’s presence, power, and faithfulness. Resist it. Turn away. Then you will experience God’s peace
More Does God Say?
Because God is ever present, He is always with me.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Temptation (dadsjourneyoffaith.com)
- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You can overcome that temptation. You can stand out (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Beware of the Temptation to Be Your Own God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What is temptation (time2revive.wordpress.com)
- Temptation and Preparation (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Your God Will Bless Your Work And Fill Your Barns With Corn. He Will Bless You In The Land That He Is Giving You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 6 Toxins That Affect Our Walk With God – Sex – Day 7 of 7 (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Temptation & Our Own (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- This Sunday “HELP! How can I overcome Temptation?” (riverrockchurch.com)
- Don’t Tolerate Temptation! Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (bummyla.wordpress.com)