Our Devotion To God. Only God has the ability to satisfy the deepest longing in our hearts
How has our nation become so dry in its devotion to God? The answer is simple – we have gone to other things for refreshment. We have sought ways of encouraging ourselves without God. We have turned and walked in the opposite direction, thinking that we will try something new and it will satisfy our needs. We fill the emptiness of our lives with people instead of God, and immediately they become like gods to us. Then, before we know it, they have done something to disappoint us, and we immediately feel betrayed and defeated.
In a nation that has the greatest material advantages, we want more and expect to get it. We’re no longer satisfied with simple things – we have to have the latest flat-screen television. We have the newest computer that plays more songs and that does more that we will ever use, and still we cry out for more. We have flashier cars, larger homes, walk-in closets with shelves filled with clothing that we cannot even remember buying. We repaint rooms in our houses, purchase new furniture, and still feel empty, alone, and in debt.
Only God has the ability to satisfy the deepest longing in our hearts. Sure, it is fun to wear a new shirt and feel as though you are looking your best. God is not against this. In fact, He wants us to do well in this life. However, He wants us to love Him above all things. He gives good things to His children, but when the good things become objects of worship, we find that we are headed for trouble.
God will allow us to drift until we wake up and realize that our needs cannot be satisfied by anything or anyone other than God Himself. A new marriage or a new baby will not relieve the pressure. Many times it only makes it worse.
You can stop the dryness in your life by telling the Lord what you are facing and how you feel. He understands your needs, but He also knows that the only way you truly will find refreshment and hope that lasts is by living your life for Him. Amen!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- God wants you to be solely devoted to Him so that He can bless you with His very best (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You are a Victor In Christ Jesus not a Victim Of Circumstances (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Joy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Saved by God’s Grace. It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 58. A description of true religion. True fasting (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Your Expectations Of God’s Glory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Have you ever noticed how the smallest things in life can have the biggest impact? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG March Special Holy Ghost Service 2013 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Are you willing to seek God and turn away from your own selfish ways? God longs for us to be obedient and desires a deep relationship with us (bummyla.wordpress.com)