1 And David consulted with the captains of thousands and hundreds, and with every leader. 2 And David said unto all the congregation of Israel, If it seem good unto you, and that it be of the LORD our God, let us send abroad unto our brethren every where, that are left in all the land of Israel, and with them also to the priests and Levites which are in their cities and suburbs, that they may gather themselves unto us: 3 And let us bring again the ark of our God to us: for we inquired not at it in the days of Saul. 4 And all the congregation said that they would do so: for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people. 5 So David gathered all Israel together, from Shihor of Egypt even unto the entering of Hemath, to bring the ark of God from Kirjathjearim. 6 And David went up, and all Israel, to Baalah, that is, to Kirjathjearim, which belonged to Judah, to bring up thence the ark of God the LORD, that dwelleth between the cherubims, whose name is called on it. 7 And they carried the ark of God in a new cart out of the house of Abinadab: and Uzza and Ahio drave the cart. 8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.
9 And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled. 10 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God. 11 And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzza: wherefore that place is called Perezuzza to this day. 12 And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me? 13 So David brought not the ark home to himself to the city of David, but carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite. 14 And the ark of God remained with the family of Obededom in his house three months. And the LORD blessed the house of Obededom, and all that he had.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- 2 Samuel 6. The covenant box is brought to Jerusalem (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- …David was afraid of God that day… 051313 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
- 1 Chronicles 2. The family of Israel. The descendants of Judah (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Kings 21. Manasseh and Amon reign over Judah (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Chronicles 8. The family tree of King Saul of Benjamin (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Kings 6. The recovery of the Axe head. Elisha and the Syrians (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Kings 5. The cure of Naaman’s leprosy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Smauel 21. Seven sons of Saul hanged (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Kings 7. The Syrians flee (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Holy In His Sight (hollylachappell.wordpress.com)