LAMENTATIONS 5. A PRAYER FOR MERCY. PRAYER FOR RESTORATION (KJV). GOD.
1 Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach. 2 Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens. 3 We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers are as widows. 4 We have drunken our water for money; our wood is sold unto us. 5 Our necks are under persecution: we labour, and have no rest. 6 We have given the hand to the Egyptians, and to the Assyrians, to be satisfied with bread. 7 Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities. 8 Servants have ruled over us: there is none that doth deliver us out of their hand. 9 We gat our bread with the peril of our lives because of the sword of the wilderness. 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine. 11 They ravished the women in Zion, and the maids in the cities of Judah. 12 Princes are hanged up by their hand: the faces of elders were not honoured. 13 They took the young men to grind, and the children fell under the wood. 14 The elders have ceased from the gate, the young men from their music. 15 The joy of our heart is ceased; our dance is turned into mourning. 16 The crown is fallen from our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
17 For this our heart is faint; for these things our eyes are dim. 18 Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it. 19 Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation. 20 Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, and forsake us so long time? 21 Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old. 22 But thou hast utterly rejected us; thou art very wroth against us.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Lamentations 1. The Sorrows Of Captive Zion. The Sorrow Of Jerusalem (KJV). God. Lonely Jerusalem. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lamentations 2. God’s Anger With Jerusalem. God’s Punishment Of Jerusalem (KJV). God. The Lord Was Like An Enemy. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lamentations 3. Punishment, Repentance, And Hope. Hope And Relief Through God’s Mercy (KJV). God. There Is Still Hope. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 38. Jeremiah in a Dry Well (kjv). God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 16. the Signs of Coming Captivity. God’s Will for Jeremiah’s Life (kjv). God. God Gives Strength. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 6. A warning for the people of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is surrounded by enemies. The destruction of Judah (KJV). God. God’s anger will sweep everyone away. God’s people must be tested. The people of Judah rejected God’s way of life. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 7. God’s call for repentance (KJV). God. Punishment for worshipping other gods. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 39. the Fall of Jerusalem (kjv). God. God Promises to Protect Ebedmelech. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 42. Escape To Egypt Is Forbidden. The People Ask Jeremiah To Pray To God For Them (KJV). God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 43. Jeremiah Is Taken To Egypt (KJV). God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)